Java Software developer – Scientific instrumentation
Based in Strasbourg France, RS2D develops MRI and NMR, used by our academic and industrial partners on low/high field NMR/MRI systems, DNP polarizers, NMR/MRI prototypes and preclinical MRI products. It merged in 2020 with Nanalysis, based in Calgary, Canada. The group has about 200 employees, 30 of which are in RS2D.
The software development team consist of twelve people located in France and Canada and works on several projects, including a benchtop NMR analyzer, an acquisition software for NMR and MRI, an automation system from NMR, an advanced processing software, and related interoperability projects.
We’re looking for a software developer with an interest on software architecture, code quality and user experience.
Closely working with our software team and expert users, you will take part of all aspects of project development lifecycle:
- Requirements: in direct relation with our expert users, you will help them to define their requirements and come up with relevant technical solutions,
- Development: you will write new features and improve the existing code base,
- Code quality: you will participate in testing and code reviews.
Background and experiences
We’re looking for a candidate with:
- Strong technical skills, in particular using the Java language
- Good intuition for software architecture and object-oriented design,
- Knowledge of common design patterns and their application in a modern way,
- Some graphical UI experience, ideally with Swing or JavaFX.
Bonus point for:
- Knowledge of Python and C programming languages.
- Web related technologies (TypeScript, NodeJS, REST, …)
- Being fluent in French.
Full time position.
Location: Mundolsheim, near Strasbourg, France.
Remote work: 2 days per week.
We’re open to other arrangements depending on the candidate skill and autonomy.
Compensation range: around 35-45k€ depending on the candidate profile.
Technical Sales Representative
The Technical Sales Representative position will report to the Director of Sales. This Technical Sales Representative, will take the leading role in showcasing our product across Europe, whilst growing sales and developing the assigned territories. Compensation will be commensurate with experience consisting of a base and a commission structure.
RS²D, part of Nanalysis is building a highly creative and hard-working team and offers competitive compensation packages as well as an exciting work environment with upward trajectories for its employees.
• Execute the Company’s sales strategy in the defined sales territory.
• Meet/exceed revenue and product placements goals within the specific geographies
• Prospect and close new customer placements.
• Deliver technical presentations on NMR products, including their capabilities and application usage to a broad range of industrial and academic accounts.
• Work with 3rd party partners in selected regions to mutually grow the business
• Represent RS²D/Nanalysis at shows and conferences including events/seminars.
• Provide timely and accurate product sales forecast data.
• Be the conduit of communication from the end-users to the marketing and product development/R&D teams at RS²D/Nanalysis.
Background and Experience Sought:
• MS or PhD degree in related field preferred.
• 2+ years experience selling scientific instrumentation preferred.
• Hands-on chemistry and/or NMR laboratory experience highly desired.
• Well-developed strategic sales skills with a proven track record of success in mid-range scientific equipment sales.
• A strong understanding of scientific applications, and capable of providing training, presentations, and seminars.
• Proven track record of implementing new scientific technology and establishing long-term customer relationships.
• Ability to travel up to 50% within the territory.
• Valid driver’s license
• Fluency in French and English. German is an asset