Powerful high sensitivity, high resolution and fully integrated small animal SPECT-CT system for imaging a wide range of animal species; from mice to monkeys
The nanoScan SPECT-CT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography-Computed Tomography) is a unique, patented multi-modality system that allows 3D functional imaging of SPECT tracers at sub-half-mm resolution level. The integrated, ultra-fast, low-dose and variable FOV micro-CT provides automatically registered anatomical information for fusion and corrections. The nanoScan SPECT-CT system is a high-speed, high resolution device for both focused and whole body imaging of small animals (e.g. mice and rats, ferrets, minipigs, rabbits, and even smaller non-human primates). The preclinical SPECT-CT system supports quantitative dynamic imaging with full list mode acquisition format. Gated possibilities are offered for both modalities.
Summary of Key Benefits
- Continuous leadership in preclinical SPECT technology
- Non-multiplexed M3pinhole™ apertures (multi-pinhole, multi-size, multi-focal), up to 100 pinholes; easily replaceable; whole-body mouse and rat
- By using 4 large broadband detectors and M3SPECT technology the system offers an outstanding space-bandwidth product1 and detector efficiency further increasing sensitivity and improving spatial resolution.
- Exceptional performance: Up to 10,000 cps/MBq sensitivity @ sub-millimeter resolution / Up to 0.275 mm resolution
- Ultra-fast 4D/5D list mode dynamic imaging by static or rotational modes with stationary and helical scans
- The ONLY system to apply both CT-based attenuation and scatter correction – especially important for quantitative low-energy isotope studies
- The ONLY small animal SPECT that can image Mice and Monkeys(*)(* with parallel hole collimators)
- Compact and easy-to-use design
- CT is used for anatomical reference and enhances SPECT image quality by attenuation and scatter correction
Summary of Key Benefits for SPECT
- Keeping the development in one hand: Complete detection chain redesigned
- Mediso Ultra High Performance (UHP) Detector
- Mediso multi-focal multi-size multiple pinhole apertures(M3-pinhole™)
- Rectangular apertures have variable aperture size in one plate
- Multifocal geometry
- Non-overlapping projections
- Select the appropriate aperture for the application: whole-body mouse, whole-body rat, ultra-high sensitivity or resolution apertures
- Fast and easy replacement of apertures
Summary of Key Benefits for CT
The X-ray CT alone is a powerful whole-body imaging system in its own right. Provides the largest variety of species imaging in industry, including larger animals or a whole body mouse scan in one bed position. Offering a very large detector surface and large bore with helical scanning capability, variable zoom (up to 8) and high power X-ray source (up to 80W).
- Broadest range of CT applications : Ultrafast and ultralow dose CT with variable zoom up to 6 magnification to visualize even the smallest organs or in-vitro samples up to 120mm FOV
- Perform a whole-body mouse scan in 2 minutes – have the result instantly with 80 micron voxel size
- Closest source-object distance for in-vivo: extra small objects imaging
- Tomographic information is ready at the end of a scan*:on the fly, real-time reconstruction is enabled by multi-GPUs (*: for general settings)
- Lower X-ray exposure dose to animals and faster data acquisition due to stronger X-ray tube, increased detector area, sensitivity and better filtering
- Fully automated calibration processes
- Improved safety functions (gantry rotation position is stored, optimized x-ray ramp-up and run-up to ensure prolonged tube lifetime)
- Spiral mode with extended axial field of view of 28 cm for both modalities
- Fully automated animal positioning based on CT scout; manual adjustment is also supported
- System is equipped with remote access possibility for service and remote diagnostics
- Safety switches are located in both the acquisition and control room allowing immediate stop of the examination
- 17” touchscreen monitor on the gantry which allows the user to control bed movements, gantry rotation, positioning for CT zoom and positioning related calibrations as well as settings.
The SPECT system is also available in triple-modality combination with the high end PET system (SPECT-CT-PET).
Any question? Please contact us via the contact page.